March 14, 2008

Phew

The work week is over. I know it was still only a four day week but working a Friday throws me right out. Though today it was so hot that being in the office in the airconditioning was not so bad. My air con at home is harder to get to a comfortable balance. I usually wind up wearing a windcheater or something because the lounge gets cold, even at a moderate temp on the air con while the other rooms are still warm. The solution would be another aircon in the bedroom I suppose but that isn't in the budget at the moment.

Because of the working all week, and several early mornings (including 5.45am this morning thanks to a wrong number (note to the universe, I'm not a fax machine) which jolted me out of sleep in the inevitable if-someone-is-calling-me-at-this-hour-it-can't-be-good panic/adrenalin rush that meant I didn't really get back to sleep before the alarm went off, there is nothing very exciting to report. But I did the meditating thing when I got home. Or at least quasi-meditation except for the part where I fell asleep : ). So I'm relatively awake and have written! Yay. I'm about to calling it quits to watch Robert Downey Jr in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, which I've heard good things about but never managed to catch before now. Thanks, Quickflix.

So...

Progress - Witch 1

New pages - Eight
Intriguing things - She hates green sludge
Annoyances - Nothing major. Still land of the talking heads but that seems to be the way this draft wishes to be and there is stuff on the near horizon
Music - No more Moby. Now it's Scissor Sisters - Comfortably Numb. Until my ears are numb.
Linear/Non-linear - Linear
Location - At the desk. Scrivener.
Taking care of Mel - Meditation and naps. Must do exercise tomorrow when it will be temporarily cooler (if you call 32 cooler)
Muse food - they're still on a diet. Apart from being very interested in Burn Notice. Maybe they'll like Robert.

No comments: