March 24, 2008

Fifty thousand

Yay! 200 pages. Hopefully that means a downhill slide to the end.

And then a honking big revision. I keep getting glimpses of what I want the book to be like. Odd times when I feel the weight of it or can almost smell it - like walking into the room a few hours after someone wearing perfume. But then it vanishes and it's back to talking heads and the mist. Which is part of the fun, I guess.

The Other Boleyn Girl was okay. I preferred the book which was meatier. But the costumes were glorious and, as with all films set around that time period, I came out feeling devoutly glad I am not living in a Tudor or Elizabethan royal court. Brutal.

Progress - Witch 1

New pages - Fourteen
Intriguing things - Critters
Annoyances - Worldbuilding being coy
Music - Delerium - Faith (iPod) & Scissor Sisters Comfortably numb (headphones at the desk)
Linear/Non-linear - Non.
Location - Alphie on the bed for most of it. A bit on Scrivener. Full screen.
Taking care of Mel - Meditation. Naps. General relaxing.
Muse food - Gilmore girls. Tara Janzen who has replaced SEP on the must re-read now list. Not sure what either football and rom com or muscle cars and rom suspense have to do with my wip but the girls seem to think there's a connection.

No comments: