November 09, 2008

Different strokes

People say there are two types of writers - those who plot and those who don't. But I think there's also two other types - those who hate first drafts and like to revise and those who love drafting but hate revising.

I don't know that I hate revising but for me drafting is definitely the more enjoyable part of the process. I like making my book stronger but find revising slow going at times, even when I know what I want to do with the book it seems to take a long time. But one word after another I guess. I've been re-working the first act of Wolf 2 to fix some pacing issues and get the antagonist in action earlier and it's been very time consuming and required lots of pondering. But I think I'm getting there and hopefully the rest will go faster.

No comments: