January 16, 2008

Fasten your seatbelts

My Karin Tabke entry is done and I've been playing with the Witch book in bits and pieces, trying to get the mood. I had an alternative idea for my heroine's job until I was rewriting the opening the other day and her reaction to something made it clear that really, not so much on the chosen occupation. This book might just turn out to be a bumpy ride.

In other news I'm adding ants to the list of critters Mel is unimpressed with. The last few summers haven't been bad ant-wise but this year they seem to be everywhere. Little sneaky brown suckers. They are staging near nightly raids on the cat food (time for ye old stand the bowls in water trick which I haven't had to employ for YEARS and, to add insult to injury, they seem to be waltzing past my antbaits with their little brown noses in the air. Might have to try a different brand. Damned if I can figured out where they're getting in and I'm not big on the concept of ant sand with two cats sticking their inquisitive little noses in strange places. Anyone else got suggestions?

No comments: