August 01, 2008

The first day part two and the second day part one

Last night was the literacy signing which was big and loud...one thousand odd women in one room is always noisy. I often wonder what the men there think : )

I managed to find some friends and strangely enough, buy some books. All good. After that I had drinks and dinner with some of the Aussie contingent - drinks up in the View Lounge on the 39th floor which has a great view over the city and great margaritas and dinner at Mel's Diner (I never knew I had a diner!).

This morning most the aussies had breakfast at the Palace Hotel hosted by the lovely Debbie Macomber. The hotel is just gorgeous. Very old world San Francisco and breakfast was delicious. The workshops start this afternoon and before that I have lunch with Miriam, so it's going to be a busy day.

No comments: