March 18, 2009

Midweek fly-by post

It's been a busy week so far, lots on at work and then I went to see David Hobson and Teddy Tahu Rhodes in recital last night. Beautiful tenor and baritone. I'm not a huge opera fan, mainly because I find sopranos a bit hard on the ears sometimes but I do like the male voices, so this was great. Plus neither of them is hard on the eyes. I believe Teddy sometimes get called a "Barihunk" lol

Tomorrow night I'm off to see Wicked, so YAY. I've had the soundtrack for ages, so am very much looking forward to it.

In between all of this I've been getting little bits and pieces of writing down and also trying out my Nicole Mallalieu coin purse pattern. I've made the small one:



Which is cute and definitely coin purse size. I'm not a big coin purse size, so this has found a home with the VT.

I made the bigger size to match my Fleamarket bag.



It's much bigger, more like a small makeup purse. I think I'll try making one the same size but not as deep which would be a great size for throwing some cash, cards and coins in your bag for a night out when you don't what to cart your purse around.
The pattern is pretty straightforward, just remember to read her tutorial on zips on the website (er, if it's a LONG time since you'd put it a zip like it was for me lol).

No comments: