September 13, 2008

Nostalgia

In my cleaning frenzy, I came across an old photo cube...you know, one of those plastic things that you stuck photos on five sides.

Anyway one of the photos was this (excuse the blurriness, a scanner is still something I don't possess so this is an iPhone pic of the pic - strangely the iphone took a better pic than my actual camera):



This is me and five of my best buddies at school camp circa grade five (which was early eighties). From left to right Helen, Ali, Me, Anita at the back then Sarah and Alicia in front. Man, we look young (well, we were young. Ten or eleven, I can't remember what time of year this was). But happy and kind of like we can do anything. I like the body language, all leaning on each other.

All of these girls have kind of drifted out of my life over the years though I'm happy to say my oldest friend predates this photo by a few years. I hear about some of them from time to time because my folks still live in the same time but haven't seen any of them for years. Tonight most of my current crop of best buddies and closest female friends (and assorted boys) will be coming over to help me celebrate my birthday. Some of them I've known for almost as long as the gals in the pic, some are more recent additions but I wouldn't be who I am, or where I am today if it wasn't for the love and support of my gals, past and present, and I hope we'll all be leaning on each other and smiling for many, many more years to come.

Smooches to all of you in case I forget to tell you enough that you all rock!

No comments: