January 07, 2007

Fat and happy

No, not me. At least not the outer me. But the girls in the basement or the muse or the flow or the inner artist or whatever you want to call them. That's what I want them to be.

To further that aim, I'm doing a course with Barbara Samuel on looking after that side of yourself. You can read more about it on Barbara's blog. But anyway, I was out today doing some homework when I came across this:



I think she's great. She's round and calm and strong and completely satisfied. She's knows stuff (I mean, look at the size of the head). She's got what she wants. Exactly my goal for the girls.

So now she's sitting with my other writing icons, watching over my desk and reminding me of what I'm aiming for. Fat and happy. Sounds good to me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She reminds me of the little wooden Russian nested dolls. :) Cute little lady!

Julie (from the Girls in the Basement class)

Anonymous said...

I wished I'd found out about Barbara's workshop earlier! How's it going?

M.J. said...

So far, it's been great...will keep you posted!

Keziah Hill said...

Anonymous2 was me, but I couldn't get blogger to work.

M.J. said...

I've just changed to new blogger...I could see it was you before but maybe something's gone a bit weird in the transfer!