January 24, 2007

100

Blogger informs me this is my 100th post.

I could do something exciting like 100 random thoughts for the day or something but my brain is kind of fried.

So I'll leave you with just a couple before I stagger off to nuke something for dinner and then write.

1. Weather is contrary. How do I know? Because:
a) Australia currently has the brightest comet in the sky at night for forty odd years. I have
a wip that involves people trying to film a new comet. Do you think the weather will
co-operate and let me see the darn thing. Nope. Nada. Perfectly fine days then like a
miracle a bank of clouds will appear at sunset to obscure my view; and
b) I'm going down to the beach this weekend to hang with my friends. It's been lovely and
warm, if not outright hot the last few weekends. Forecast for Saturday? 20 and raining.

2. It's always fun to go into a bookstore and see your friend's book on the shelves. For the Aussies, particularly Melbournians, if you want a copy of Keri's Full Moon Rising in paperback and you just can't wait until April for the Aussie edition, you can get it at Of Science and Swords which, btw, is an excellent bookshop. Lots of good fantasy and SF, including a large selection of urban fantasy. Just what I needed to load up for the beach, or maybe lounging on the couch given the beach might not be an option. I got Circle of the Moon by Barbara Hambly, Matriach by Karen Traviss and Dead Man Rising by Lilith Saintcrow. Much too look forward too. And then hopefully, Dymocks will have Anne's The Perfect Kiss next week! So many books, so little time.

No comments: