March 13, 2006

Lost weekend

Not lost. But almost over. Three and a bit days have whizzed by. How did that happen?

So what have we achieved this weekend? Friday I wrote, did chores and some other must do tasks (like watch NCIS and Medium - but that wasn't until after dinner). Got some feedback on the partial that made me think that something I thought was true but had been hoping wasn't (I think this is called denial) was true. Further opinons have backed this up. No biggie, just some rejigging to be done. I also scored two pairs of jeans for $60. And a size smaller than I usually wear! Always the way to shop. Of course, all the junk I've eaten this weekend probably means I now won't be able to do them up.

Saturday was crit group day, meeting Freya's adorable new puppy Oliver (who is so cute, he's lucky he didn't wind up in my handbag and living with two cats who ain't keen on dogs), scored a second hand Bamix which I've been wanting, then the gals forced me to eat mexican food and drink pineapple margaritas. It's tough.

Yesterday was HOT. So I slept in, I lazed around. I chatted via email to my brother (who isn't Mr Chatty very often so when he gets that way, it's good. Even though we wind up talking about weird stuff like manuscript format and publishing realities - and he is NOT a writer), did some RWA stuff, I napped, I faffed around on the internet, I had some story insights for one of the books - including the name of a character that I dreamt. Not that I did anything more with them than note them down. Then I did some grocery shopping and then watched The Village. Which was okay but different to how I thought. It looked scarier in the trailers, that's for sure.

Today I will write, do RWA stuff, finish my grocery shopping (aka actually plan my food for the week, seeing as the Commonwealth Games are starting and I'll be working at home a bit), do more chores (as the grey cat and the orange cat continue to refuse to help out in that department). It's raining and cool today which means I don't have to water the garden but do have to use my dryer to dry the last load of washing. I'll call that environment neutral, given I have green electricity.

Writing goals for the rest of the month - get this partial into shape, ditto the synopsis and mail the sucker off. Then I just have to finish it. Then I'm playing with paranormal for a bit.

And yes, I am still reading Sebastian. This week I've been tired and pushed for time. So I've been re-reading other stuff (so far 3 Nora's, Lord of Scoundrels, Undead and Unappreciated) and saving Sebastian for when I'm awake enough to appreciate him.

I also read The Ruthless Groom by Bronwyn Jameson. Bron is a fantastic Aussie Desire author and when I want examples of how a category should work, I often turn to her stuff. She's also a lovely gal.The Ruthless Groom is her latest and, as usual, it was great. Clarified some structural issues for me. aka it's taking too long to get the h/h on the same page. Off to kill some darlings (or at least move 'em around, though one bit which I love will have to go unless it can reappear later in the book). Sigh. Writing is hard.

No comments: