March 15, 2006

The hard way

So I think I've figured out how to fix the pacing at the start of my book. Problem is the solution is combining three of the first four scenes into one and moving the fourth. Easy in my head. Hard in practice. I'm wondering whether just to write it from scratch or try and combine the bits from the scenes I want. Hmmm. I guess I can only try one or the other and switch if it doesn't work.

The muse is good at offering solutions but then she tends to go and sit in the corner looking superior while I tear my hair out trying to get down on paper her brilliant idea. Oh well, at least there is a solution. I hope.

In other news the Commonwealth Games opens tonight. I'm not a huge sports person so what it means to me mainly is a hard time getting to and from work. Which will hopefully translate into some working from home time. I'm a big fan of the 10 second commute lol. But for all those athletes who've trained and sweated and sacrificed it is a BIG deal so good luck to them all.

Also I was watching something on TV the other day and heard a song that kind of sounded like the music I'd been looking for to set the mood in my fantasy book. Hello google and hey presto, the singer's name is Lisa Gerrard. Her voice is weird and otherworldly/african/asian cool sounding. She's done quite a few things in movie (Gladiator among them) and used to be part of Dead Can Dance. I downloaded the song I wanted from iTunes (yay, we love iTunes) and no, I'm not saying what song but I think she bears further investigation.

No comments: