December 16, 2006

The waiting game

Still no babies. Two friends due. No news. Particularly not of the one I'm going to be attempting to help during the process. Though that one's not officially due for another day.
So I'm still jumping every time my mobile rings and carting around a bag of comfy clothes and hospital stuff with me.

One day to Robbie.

Four more working days till Christmas and 11 days off.

Lots of christmas shopping still to do, though I have now written my christmas cards. Except for the two families with the babies due. It seems a bit rude to write dear a, b, c and d and little mystery bump.

No days to Lulus. I'm off today to figure out how the heck to get to Keri's new place. The others are road tripping together but I need to take my own car in case of babies, so I get to get lost all by myself.

No news from agents yet. But that might be a good thing. I did find out the book has gotten through to the second round of RWAs Emerald ST comp, so that's heartening on its first comp outing. I'd love to final 'cos the final judge is an agent, so fingers crossed. Actually the other one I'm rewriting got through to the secound round of the Emerald category comp as well. In its un-rewritten form so not holding out hopes of it finalling. It will be interesting to see what the comments say though. I'm going to try some US comps with the ST. See what happens.

Writing wise it's been a quiet week. Busy at work and my Dad was in hospital so was visiting him and having Mum stay. I managed to get five pages down of a scene which I think might just be wolf book number 2, so taking that to lulus to see what they think. Which means I have to go get organised!

Hope your Christmas countdowns are going well!

No comments: