October 29, 2006

Time, time, time

Daylight savings started today. Anyone who knows me will know I don't handle the start of daylight savings well. My body knows darn well the clocks are lying and that I am hauling its butt out of bed at an hour that truly starts with 'six'. And it isn't happy with that concept. So I'm probably in for my usual week of being vague and bumping into things before my body decides resistance isn't futile. Maybe one of the things I'll bump into will be Chris Isaak on Friday night (yay).

At least it will be nice to have more light at the end of the day. My writing schedule for November seems to include revising two books (one of them twice, one of them a BIG revision thanks to the light that has been seen courtesy of a crit from a pubbed friend (really, romance writers are the most generous people on earth)), entering the GH (twice), getting two full critiques, a crit group weekend away, two online courses and having to get stuff off to both an agent and an editor if I can. Which I think means the optimum daylight savings arrangement would be adding about four extra hours to every day. So I might be scarce on the blog. Or else whining a lot.

In other news, his orangeness returned to the vet yesterday. She pronounced herself satisfied with the healedness of his butt but decreed two more days of bucket head were required. The orange cat, needless to say, has not received this news well. He is prowling around, looking out the window, making approximately the same noise I'll want to make when my alarm goes off tomorrow morning an hour early : )). And has been doing so for a day now. Sigh. He's a persistent little critter. Luckily, with the Melbourne Cup day holiday factored in, I only have one five day work week in the month.

And that's about it. Much to do, so just as well I'm up early. The real estate gods were busy yesterday, so happy move day for yesterday to Keri and yay on the house purchases for Jo and Chris. That's officially four lulus and two best friends who've bought houses or moved or both in the last six months. Me, I'll settle for tidying up a bit.

No comments: