March 11, 2007

I spoke too soon

Oh dear, blog about great food one day and the universe smacks you down the next.

Since my post there has been one unmitigated baking disaster demonstrating why you SHOULD NOT LEAVE AN EGG OUT OF THE RECIPE WHEN THERE IS MEANT TO BE ONE (no, I have no idea how I did it, I've never done it before, I got the egg out of the fridge even). Result chocolate sludge rather than muffins.

Then tonight, I was feeling like some noodles. So I thought I go up to my local chinese. Turns out it's changed hands but the new slogan was all about freshness and health, so I thought let's give it a go. The old place was awesome. Great pad thai, great other stuff, huge serves so buy one, get two meals. New place, no pad thai but nice sounding stir fry noodles. Good in theory. Unfortunately very bland in practice. Sigh. I guess I'll be searching elsewhere for my noodle fix.

But in good news, I scored a great new doona cover at the outlet mall. Over 50% off : ) Yay!

And tomorrow is still weekend! Double on the yay!!

1 comment:

Robyn Enlund said...

lol
i see your soggy muffins and raise you a half baked banana bread, underdone and kind of grey in colour due to my 'creativity' with the recipe.

Bad cooking day for virgos.