June 18, 2006

Done

It's done.

I'm not sure how. Today I wrote over thirty pages. Over 6 thousand words. More than I've ever written in a day. In maybe five hours. Something shook loose and the movie started playing in my head and this sucker is done.

At least, the DLD draft is. I'm sure whatever I wrote today is high on talking heads and there's tweaking and filling in to be done and then critiquing and revising but for now, I'm done.

It feels done. Which is good. Sometimes you finish and it doesn't and you know something not quite right. But this feels done. Only other writers understand the feeling. It's pretty darn good.

Um, brain empty. Sleep now.

1 comment:

Kez said...

yay on finishing Mel! that's an awesome amount of words to have written in one day--no wonder your brain is now demanding sleep.