April 06, 2006

Things I have learned this week

1. Writing synopses doesn't get easier with time. I am convinced they are an arcane form of writer torture and possibly contravene the Geneva Convention.

2. House still rocks.

3. The writers of ER need to stop with the dying babies. Particularly when said baby is the most freakin' adorable baby chimp ever. Enough. I am out of tissues. The VT would be proud of my sappiness. Not quite as bad as 'Faces in the Mob' but close. And for those of you who have never seen the documentary 'Faces in the Mob' and are inclined to animal sappiness, I say "DON'T DO IT". FITM follows a bunch of kangaroos for over the time of two females getting pregnant and raising their joeys. One is a good mother. One isn't. You can guess the end result. That's right. Me crying for something like four hours. My boyfriend at the time came home, took one look at me and figured someone had died. He asked "What's wrong?". I believe my response was something like, "snuffle, snort, sob, the ba-a-a-by k-k-k- snuffle sob blow -kanga-roo-ooo-ooo."
"The kangaroo what?"
"d-d-d-dieeed. SOB SOB SOB."
The net result of which is I got one of those male "what weird female hormonal shit is going on here?" looks. And kept crying. Seriously, one of the saddest things I've ever seen and I'll stop before I start ranting on ethics in documentary film making and the ability to intervene when a joey gets separated from his mother and is being stalked by dingos. Ooops, too late.

4. If you have a cold and get a flu shot, the results are not necessarily going to be pretty. Excuse me while I hack up a lung.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You *ARE* a sap!! i always knew it :-)))
Seriously though, what kind of person wouldn't cry when a baby kangaroo dies just because it's mother is a loser? sad sad sad.

M.J. said...

I am a sap when sappery is warranted ; )