April 01, 2006

April - how did that happen?

Well, it's April Fools Day and Melbourne is celebrating by suddenly realising it's well into Autumn and turning cold, wet and windy. Though the sun is shining right now, I have the heater on and am wearing a polar fleece. Last week I could've had the air con on. Melbourne, where the people are nice and the weather is moody. Better than the other way round I guess. At least I have a very nice picture of Robbie on my calendar for the month. For those of you who aren't Robbie converts, all I have to say is, if you've ever wondered what the "IT" factor is, go see a Robbie concert. Charisma, sex appeal, humour and a great voice (plus he scrubs up quite nicely). mmmm.

As does this guy....though Fillionaire is a way dumb term.

Writing wise it's been a bit of a stop start week but I think my partial, after last weekend's paralysis, has now just about come together. A couple more run through and tweaks and it should be good to go. Which leaves me with the unenviable task of having to polish my very rough brain dump synopsis into something that makes sense and works. Synopses are no fun. Even the most exciting story can sound lacklustre and trite when you pare it back to two pages. Gah. I don't know anyone who likes writing them. But it's part of the biz. I'm just telling myself after I do this I get to play with the paranormal for awhile. I want that one and the short one finished in the next three or four months. I foresee a lot of typing in my future.

In other news, April is going to be a great month. A new Crusie (well, a CrusieMayer), a new Samuel and a new James. Life is good.

No comments: