April 25, 2006

Relaxation and remembering

Well the weekend was a write off in terms of writing. Apparently the muse needed a holiday. So I read (Taming the Duke, Warprize, Devil in Winter, The Compass Rose, all excellent books. The Compass Rose is another Luna. I'm starting to think Luna, on the whole, rocks. And I see there's a sequel out in the US. Yay), I watched Gilmore Girls on DVD, I went to the movies. All that relaxing is tiring.

Today we have a day off in Australia. It's Anzac Day. We stop and remember all the men and women who've died in wars protecting the country. Who did scary things in terrifying conditions and paid the ultimate cost. And even those who survived were changed forever. We owe them remembrance, respect and thanks. Even if you don't think war is the answer.

And thinking about what they faced makes me remember that the things that scare me, the problems I have, aren't such a big deal. And I should just get on with it.

Going to write now.

No comments: