July 04, 2009

Resolving 2.0

In the spirit of the new financial year, I figured I should do a mid-year check to where I was at.

These were my goals in January.

1. Write at least two books and enjoy the process. Hmmm, I've written a quarter of two books. Much typing in the next six months to achieve this but it's still do-able.
2. Lose 15kg. Was doing okay with this until about April when project craziness hit. Let's revise this down to 5-10 in the next six months.
3. To assist with 2, make sure the exercise routine stays a routine rather than a sporadic mess. Actually, one of the girls at work talks about an exercise ritual. I like that. Ritual seems more fun and inviting than 'routine'. Rituals are nurturing rather than an imposition. So keep shaping and sticking to my exercise rituals. Like I said, off the exercise wagon except for my Nia classes and they're not frequent enough. So the goal is back on the wagon.
4. Remember my recipe for happy Mels. Actually I've done okay on this. Have been doing the other things I like to do but I guess just need to pull it all back into balance again.
5. Stay off the caffeine as much as possible (which isn't always but at least I haven't had a diet coke since early this year...and man, I miss it still). Currently on the caffeine but goal over the next week is to wean myself off again. Or at least switch to one or two cups of tea rather than coke.
6. Remember when I fall off the wagon with any of the above that I can just get up and get back on. Okay, I'm remembering.
5. Have fun! Hmmm. There has been some stressy stuff in the last six months. But still, many giggles have occurred.

You can't really set a goal of selling a book as publication is largely out of your control after you do all the write a good book/find an agent/submit stuff/keep writing bit but let's call it my big dream for 2009. Sell a book. Or six. : ) No change to this. But the universe is working on it (along with my lovely agent).

1 comment:

Katy Cooper said...

I love, love, love the use of ritual instead of routine. I'm stealing it, as of right now.