February 12, 2010

Spinning around

Sorry, I've been awol. Last week I got unexpectedly sick (does one ever get expectedly sick?) in the middle of the week then spent the rest of the week trying to catch up. This week a combination of hot hot hot days and horribly humid nights, looming deadlines at the day job and some unexpected night time activities (plus one late day job call with the UK) has meant I've been officially frantic, knackered and just plain not around much to exercise, write or blog!

Tomorrow I head down to the folks to dog sit for a night while they go on an Antarctic sight-seeing flight (how cool is that? Australia is actually close to somewhere after all : ) ) but given it will be just me and the big black pooch, I'm hoping for some uninterrupted writing time. Unlike the orange cat, the big black pooch does not try and sit on one's lap while at the computer.

Despite the general life craziness, I have spent a lot of time thinking about the book, especially last weekend, because I was getting that words-coming-like-sludge feeling that generally means something is not quite right still. So I've been poking and prodding the muse and the girls in the basement and think I now have an idea that raises the stakes. I often do this circling through the first 100 pages or so a couple of times until I feel like I have the push the book needs. Although, every time it happens, I forget and go "Argh, why stuck? why? Nice shiny idea should work easy peasy". Today starts the process of working through what I've got to weave the new idea in and see where that gets me. I'm hoping I can get through most of it this weekend and start charging forward again.

PS Happy birthday for yesterday to this little man who is now one (and where the heck did that year go??), much bigger than he was a year ago, ridiculously cute and out to conquer the world any day now.

No comments: