December 24, 2007

'Twas the night before Christmas

And all through the house
The carpets were less soggy! : )

The jetblower thingy has been blowing and blowing. It is loud. Imagine being on a plane trip for over two days and not getting anywhere. But it seems to be helping dry things out. Not sure what happens next, guess that depends on what the insurance assessor says.

Apart from last minute Christmas preparations and hanging around my house wearing earplugs and or noise cancelling headphones (I am the fashion queen!), not much to report. I've learned how to rip up carpet and stack a lot of my possessions on the few teeny tiled surfaces in my house. I managed to pour cereal over my keyboard (yes, I know, I know, don't have liquids near the keyboard but seriously, writers need to eat and drink while typing). The grey cat gets her stitches out shortly, the big bro is arriving for Christmas and then it's off to the folks.

Merry Christmas and stay dry everyone!

No comments: